Friday, February 23, 2007

Yesterday (Thursday) was a teaching day, but I only had one toddler as E was away with her family. When there is a change in the routine (such as being down one child) I take the opportunity to do things which are difficult on other days. In this case I(child) and I went to town on the bus to sample some of the joys of city life. (They are not big enough to take two toddlers on the bus together.)


We did a bookshop, then a cafe at the library and a toddle across Civic Square. The seagulls came in for a bit of chasing - but even at I's fastest run they just remove themselves casually from her reach and look back scornfully as if to say "who are you little person to bother me". a great delight for her though.

Got some teaching resources and more books at a 2nd hand shop. I'm collecting scarves (silk, chiffon, etc) to use for dancing, hiding, dramatic play, etc. Then I(child) ate her lunch at the bus stop, and home for a sleep. Altogether a very satisfactory morning.

No comments: