Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gearing up for the MEd

It's orientation time at Victoria University, and I have been to two postgraduate orientation talks in the last two days. Yesterday's one had wine, and today's had lunch, so this is not as reckless as it sounds. Anyway, having enrolled, and paid, the starting of the Masters is looming large. I have to admit that it's feeling a bit daunting - but 'exciting daunting' at this stage, so still keeping it together.

I have a book of readings for one of my courses (which is a first half course), and met the lecturer today. He has also given us work to do at home for the next two weeks, so it's 'heads down' from now on. The other paper (a full year one) doesn't start for a few weeks.

I took the two Little Kids to this mornings meeting. Fortunately I had Bern to help me as he was also going (he's starting a PhD). They made themselves quite at home - there was plenty of room for them to explore. I think that having children around must remind people why they are studying education in the first place.

No comments: