Thursday, March 8, 2007

Chickens at playcentre

Well, there's never a dull moment here. I took G and I(child) to Playcentre yesterday - and Henrietta had brought two chickens for a visit! They 'free-ranged' around the outside area, pecking under the bushes and generally ignoring the children. The kids, I in particular, thought they were fascinating, watching, pointing, and coming back to watch them again later. Great to have a 'country experience' for these city kids.

Meanwhile, G was very involved with cars and trains during the session. She was rolling cars down a ramp into the water trough, and later walking round and round a table which had the train set out on it, rolling carriages. Very engaged with both. 'Rotary' or possibly 'trajectory' schemas are indicated.

Here's Susan Harper on schemas. Good old Google! (I wonder who else I know has a blog?)

No comments: