Thursday, March 8, 2007

March Quilt Guild

I ended up speaking at quilt guild tonight. The scheduled speaker was unfortunately sick, so, at the last minute, someone organised to have people speak about their local quilt groups. A couple of people had been primed ahead of time, but then others who were in groups were asked to get up and talk about their group. When the moment came it was either Dianne or myself!

We formed our group nine years ago this June. There are about 5 in the group at the moment, but it has been up to 10 at times. We meet on the first and fourth Thursday evenings of the month, either at peoples houses, or at the Resource Centre. I talked to a lady who wanted to join the group, and swapped phone numbers. We have made a lot of quilts over the years, but some years lately we seem to do more knitting than quilting. The trouble is that I don't have a hand quilting project that I just want to work on at the moment. I probably have a top I could baste (I have any number of UFOs - unfinished objects.) The best idea is to have a medium sized project that you keep in a bag and only take out when going to a meeting - that way you always have everything to hand.

No comments: