Monday, March 5, 2007

Martinborough Fair


I went to the Martinborough fair at the weekend, with my sister Annie and several of her friends. They have been making a weekend of it for some year, and it was nice to be invited to join them. The weather is usually good and we were not disappointed this time. It was warm and a bit overcast on Saturday morning (when the fair started) which was all to the good as it kept the heat down. Sunday was a scorcher; we did some local shops and found a shady cafe courtyard for lunch.

Annie and I looked at about half the stalls in the 4-5 hours we had. Far too many to do them all justice. Lots of jewellery this year, and quite a few paintings stalls this year. I always like the textile stalls. I like handmade sewn stuff, and there was lots of woolen crafts too - knitted jerseys, felting, etc. The berries and ice-cream were lovely! We yakked late into the night.

Photo is from Google Images - so probably a previous year.

No comments: