Monday, March 19, 2007

A new computer AT LAST

I have been away at a national Playcentre meeting this weekend, presenting papers for a working party I have been on. Turned out to be very busy, but the working party is now disbanded, so fewer weekends away in future. (Yay!)

On Saturday, via a flurry of text messages, we agreed to get me a new computer, and Bern went out and purchased it. So I arrived home to find it set up and good to go! Great excitment. (Thanks, Bern.)

I've been frustrated with my set up for a while (crashing and so forth), and I keep finding new software that I can't run on my old machine. It was time to bite the bullet and pay for a new harddrive. (I'm now going to be wanting some new software - inevitable expense!) Apart from having to get my files off the old machine I just have to adjust the settings to how I want them.

The new machine has a DVD player. Bern's computer already had one, but my machine has the big screen, so much better for watching movies. We haven't had TV in the house for 10 years, so this is going to be popular with the kids I'm sure. Two problems here: other house members wanting MY computer to watch DVDs; and ME wasting time watching them!

No comments: