Friday, June 1, 2007

Premmie baby cardie

This is what I have just finished off this evening (while playing a board game with family). I had already knitted the body and most of both sleeves. I was at the playcentre federation conference last weekend and got most of them done then. I am now well known for taking knitting to conferences. I have people come up to me and comment on what I was knitting last time!

Mum is contributing to a project down South were they are aiming to knit 1000 garments for the prem babies in the neonatal unit at the hospital. This will go to that when I go down South next week. (One less for those ladies to knit.) Actually, mum has a friend at the hospital, so she can just knit things for them and pass them to Colleen, but funny how you don't often get around it things like that unless there is a particular focus. I think the project was organised by a wool shop (not surprisingly).

The ruler, if you can read it, is to give some idea of size. (Actually, I can't read it - it's in inches, so the cardie is about 7" from neck to hem.)

1 comment:

Helen said...

The Canterbury area have 2294 garments donated as of yesterday, for the Premature babies They were gratefull for the little cardigan from Wellington knitted by Maureen.