Sunday, October 14, 2007

Quilt show and sale

If anyone is in Wellington this week and wants an excellent, arty outing, I recommend the Quilt Show and Sale at shed 11 on the waterfront. It's on until Labour day, 10am-5pm each day.

It is an independent event, where every quilt is for sale, and is run in conjunction with the Wellington Quilters Guild. I had a turn on the raffle sales table yesterday.

It is beautiful! The quilts are all lovely, nice mood music, and a real atmosphere of excitement yesterday afternoon. This might have been because so many quilts were being sold, and people were so happy to be taking them home.

I have about 20 quilts as 'unfinished objects' (at some stage or other) but haven't actually sewn any for ages. (I am morally obligated to finish Rowena's birthday quilt before I start anything new - and I'm a bit stuck on it!) So I bought a little wall quilt to have something new.

No comments: