Friday, March 14, 2008

Diggers and concrete mixers



















We have had a huge amount of entertainment outside our very frint door in the last two weeks.

We have had diggers most days making a trench, and yesterday we watched a concrete truck slowly inch its way along the road laying new curb and channel.

The little kids (and big ones too) have been most fascinated with the whole process. We have spent many happy hours on the front door step watching, and waving to the 'workmen'.

We have also had our own personal drawbridges. First a shonky metal one (very bouncy, and not at all safe feeling), and finally, last night, a wooden plank - as in "walk the ...".

Needless to say parking has been a bit of a mission during all this time. In fact, most of the houses on our side do have driveways and garages - they just have not been able to get to them.

It has been very interesting, but I'll be happy when we get our footpath back. (And can park right by our house again.)

2 comments:

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.