Thursday, December 4, 2008

Summer's here - the paddling pool came out

Summer must officially be here because we have had the paddling pool out.

This picture was on a Tuesday in November and Grace, Eva and Isla had been in the pool after lunch while Theo was asleep. Later, Eva and Isla decided to have another paddle - and Theo just climbed in in his clothes. (His trousers were probably already wet anyway...!)

Isla was very intent on her job filling the pool. (The earlier lot of water had been 'mysteriously' transported out of the pool.) Theo was quite keen on catching that glittering stream of water (not at this particular moment.) And Eva was just delighted to be getting wet, splashing and paddling.

I was pleased that we had a paddling day, because it turned out that this was Eva's last regular day with me. As a little one she just adored climbing into the water, and it could be quite hard on her to have to get out and go home. This is what I said on Feb 8 last year:

"I set up the water trough in the shade this afternoon, and after the Big Kids got home Sophie and I got out the paddling pool. Great fun! E had an absolute ball, and both Little Kids were SOAKED when their mums came to collect them. I love my job!"

Eva will be back for our end of year party.

No comments: