Thursday, April 30, 2009

Book update

My new book is coming along. I've just had the draft back from the editor, and completed the changes recommended the first time. She didn't have too much to correct, apart from typos. (I don't worry about those too much, because that's her job :-)

My next mission is to line up the photos we have taken against the text - work out which images will enhance understanding of each part of the book. Alongside that is working out what other images we need to take, and also developing the graphics needed in places. (Eg, I'm going to illustrate some guitar and ukulele chords in one section.)

Oh - and get signed permission to use the photos! More of a mission this time than last year, as we have had photos submitted from other places round the country. Some really nice images, but you don't have the same control. Still, people are really helpful, and it's just a matter of time.

(I think it's all due at the designer on Monday - no pressure....!)

No comments: