Thursday, April 2, 2009

Photo shoots for new book

I've written a new book, on music in early childhood this time. Now it's time to collect photos to go in it. So I've been turning up to places with props (Katie's guitar in this case), getting music happening, and trying to get photos of it.

Not as easy as it sounds.

In fact, getting music happening is a piece of cake. However, it's pretty much impossible to lead a music session and photograph it at the same time.

The photo (above) was taken on my camera, but as the batteries were on their last legs, the camera needs 'nursing' along, so Heather gave up after this. (I was still able to use it later, but it's hard to explain to people how exactly to 'coax' it along. I got some lovely circle dance shots yesterday after that.)

But I've got the help of a photographer this morning, so, fingers crossed we'll do a bit better.

We need about 60 good photos for the book. You get one or two from an activity. I have maybe 5 right now. I would like to be pretty much finished by the end of next week. Busy days ahead!!!

No comments: