Monday, May 14, 2007

Cafe review

Speaking about coffee in the previous post, I should blog about cafes when I try a new one. I certainly have favourites, but I have been trying some new cafes recently.

I usually manage a coffee on Saturday morning. We used to have a system where I would take one girl to a cafe each week for some individual mother/daughter time. This has fallen over this year, mainly because the music lessons work out so that we don't spend as much time in Kilbirnie in the morning. They don't have a 1/2 hour gap to have coffee with me in. (OK, I have the coffee and they have a cake/slice!)

The upshot is that I have to go to a cafe on my own.... :-)

I went to a place in a pedestrian mall called something like "love a coffee". It's the one with giant lips as a logo. Date scone and latte. A very friendly waitress - who kept calling me young lady!
This must be worth some brownie points for them. I feel like sending in friends and relatives to check at what point this waitress doesn't think they are 'young'.

Date scone was sold to me by this friendly waitress, but it was overcooked and dry on the outside. Wouldn't recommend. The coffee was ok - just a bit burnt taste, but nice in a tall 'Irish coffee' glass. $3. Quite a busy cafe, including family groups.

No comments: