Thursday, December 6, 2007

New Crayons

There's nothing like being the first to use brand new crayons. I bought a new bundle of crayons last week, and Katie asked if she could use them first. I said she could as long as she sat on the floor with the little girls and they all drew together.

They mostly all drew their own pictures, but not too worried about a bit of collaboration! I did drawing too, and working on the floor saves the problem of retrieving dropped crayons. The texture in the lino also made interesting impressions in the drawings which I hadn't considered ahead of time.

The shot is a bit crowded. We started in an area of floor with more room around, but it's uncanny how kids always seem to position their most involved play where they are most in the way of through traffic!

But I do like the way they are all focused on one point, and the reflection of light off the lino gives a slightly ethereal effect to the picture.

No comments: