Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sophie and I went camping this weekend

We have been having some lovely weather recently - day after day of fine, sunny weather, and less wind than usual for Spring.

Yesterday, Sophie and I decided it was the right weather for a camping holiday. (This was at least partly because we were both reading outside, and needed some shade!)

We put the tent up, and then lay around in it reading our novels (which is what you do on holiday).

It was Bern's day to cook dinner, and we all ate outside on the grass.

Later in the evening Sophie and I set up our sleeping bags, and stayed the night in the tent.

It's not that robust a tent, and I don't think I'd like to have to rely on it in a rain storm. But it's fine for back yard camping for two. (Or three if the 3rd one is small.)

(What I hadn't realised until last night is that there is a dog somewhere down the road who likes to bark for ages from 10pm. Hmmm.)

Next time I'll make sure we have the camping lantern down from the roof space (forgot it until bedtime), and maybe we can cook our breakfast saussies on the barbie!

(ps, Bern and Elanor have gone camping tonight.)

No comments: