Thursday, April 10, 2008

Also working on... block book

This is the other thing I have been busy with just lately. Getting photos for my block play book.

The manuscript went to the editor last month.

(When I say 'manuscript' it sounds quite substantial. To put it into perspective, this is a small book - about 8000 words, A5 format, and lots of photos. You can all have a copy for Christmas!)

I got it back this week, and now have to make changes. What I have just realised is that I need to have all the photos, with notes on where in the text I want them inserted, by middle of next week at the latest. This is so it can go to the designer, and be signed off shortly after that.

So I sat down at the start of the week and worked out what shots I had that are usable, and what other shots I still need. I went off to get some more photos on Monday morning, and will need to do so again tomorrow.

Of course, I can't just tell the kids what to build - I have to play, and wait and see what comes up. (So... I could tell them what to build, or build the things myself, but that's cheating!)

I've got a photographer working with me for the last few shots, and to do some editing. She's a friend of mine, and it's great to have someone to collaborate with.

We haven't got a good 'cover' shot yet though. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

No comments: