Monday, June 15, 2009

2nd pilot interview complete

I've been out this evening doing the 2nd pilot interview for my research.

I interviewed this mother about 7 weeks ago, but she couldn't be included in the research because there was too little time before her children (twins) started school. And I don't think I quite had approval to proceed from the University ethics committee.

So, she is the one I have been practicing my questions on, and making sure the recorder works, and getting feedback from.

It has been great hearing how her kids have gone at school. And the different angles of the transition as experienced by her, and to a lessor extent the others in the family.

It makes me more confident that I am asking the right things, and my interview technique is ok, and that the research is going to produce some useful material to analyse.

I have a 'real life' interview on Wednesday, and then next one is next Monday. Bring it on!

No comments: