Thursday, June 18, 2009

First real live interview

Well, I feel like my research is really taking off now. I've just done my first 'real live' interview. That is, not a pilot, but real data I'm going to use to develop the findings.

I was a bit nervous, and I blathered a bit at the start. But apart from that it went very well.

I have spent most of the day transcribing the interview. 25 minutes worth. It wouldn't have taken all that time except that transcribing is very intense work, and I couldn't do it for extended periods at a time. I had to take a lot of breaks.

Too much time hunched over the computer. Too much 'brain strain', listening closely to get every nuance down. And actually, quite a lot of typing (5000 words).

I have 11 more interviews, plus about 6 centre/school interviews, and other data collection, to go.

No comments: